Museum of A History of Ideas: Step Into A Historical Wonderland


There's just something breathtaking about the MUSEUM OF A HISTORY OF IDEAS. And as much as I would like to say that this entry is dedicated to the knowledge and enlightenment you will receive after taking a tour around this secluded sanctuary in the midst of the Metro, I can't. Because honestly, the reason why I just can't stop talking about the Museum of A History of Ideas is due to its impeccable interior that will leave everyone in awe.


I mean, just imagine going around this place without being amazed by its incredible use of space, negative space and geometry. It's next to impossible! Unless you're an unappreciative being without a high regard for beautifully crafted spaces.
Add up the fact that in every corner, a number will guide you as you go. You no longer have to follow a guide or book a tour in order to understand the mysteries lying behind every artifacts and archives. It's genius!

Then, if that's not enough, you can indulge in a few entertainment available. The first one is the ongoing video loop of the artifacts and archives you will find in the museum while the other one is a piano that you or someone else may play as per request. Whichever floats your boat, it's nice to know that you're not totally out of options.
Finally, my favorite part- the atrium. It is the intersection in which nature and architecture collides. If an architecture has a heart, this would be it for the Museum of A History of Ideas as it breathes more life into the whole infrastructure. It creates a whole new dimension- a different perspective.

Behold, the Atrium!

Honestly, I'm glad to have been invited by my friend to check this place out. Likewise, I'm glad that I wasn't feeling lazy that day because I would've missed an incredible spectacle and I probably would've regretted it for the first half of my life. After all, it's rare to find a haven in the middle of the busy streets of Manila. And I'm certainly glad to have found this historical wonderland.

University of the Philippines Manila
Museum Of A History Of Ideas
Museum Hours:
Tuesdays and Thursdays
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Contact Number: (+632) 904 0122
Mobile: (+63) 927 842 0400
Email: historyofideas@upmanilamuseum.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments