To The Birthday Girl



We never really truly had our time together. We've never done our nails together. We've never had a sleepover. We've never picked clothes for each other. We've never had coffee together. We've never borrowed anything from each other. We've never even met again after that night of crazy fun in Boracay. Most of all, we don't even know each other's birthday without looking at our Facebook bio. Let's not mention the fact that we don't even have a proper picture together! How crazy is that?
But with this growing friendship that we have, you and I have proven the most important thing a relationship should have- honesty and vulnerability. We were never scared of being vulnerable with each other. You were never shy about your incessant need to pose during video call conversations and summoning your inner Sasha Fierce despite the low-resolution screen hindering the proper rendering of your epic make-up skills on top of a really bad lighting, and I was never scared of letting my bladder run lose as I talk to you nonstop while I do my business in the bathroom. It may seem trivial at that moment, but those were just as much as who we are as we let society assume in us. We trusted the fact that despite our own insane and probably abnormal antics, this person will still accept us, and you did. You accepted my inability to dig my own grave so you brought it upon yourself to do so and remind me that sometimes, I need to break myself just to piece myself together again. You accepted my shortcomings and how my head doesn't work with my heart sometimes and that I truly need a good bashing before being able to get back up. You accepted a part of me that I never even knew existed and for that, I thank you. Most of all, thank you so much for denying me the chance to crash when all I can think about is staying broken. Thank you.
Thank you so much.
Thank you for existing.
I say this to people I truly value, and I am just happy that you, YOU, exist and that you still choose to exist in my life.
Thank you for trusting me with all your worries, pain and your deepest and darkest secrets (CHOS!) and thank you for knowing that you will always be in my life as you are in mine. Thank you for the late night conversations and the non-stop chikka on the phone. Thank you for the heartfelt advises and tough love. Thank you for the virtual push and pull every time it is warranted. Thank you for the corny cheesy jokes, the unexpected make-up tips and tutorials and thank you for always having faith in our friendship. Ultimately, thank you for believing that we will always find our way back to each other despite the distance that prevented us from doing all the things I've mentioned at the beginning of this letter. Thank you so much.
And if I haven't emphasized it enough, thank you. And really, I couldn't wish anything more for you, but to be just who you are meant to be. You have the whole world at your fingertips so believe in yourself as much as we believe in you. You are an incredible human being and don't you ever forget that. You are lovely, strong and don't ever deny yourself the chance to see what we see in you. I guess, what I'm trying to say and hope and probably wish, is for you to see the beauty we've always witnessed in you. Because YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, YNNAH. And this year is just another proof that the world is not ready to lose a stunning gem like you, so keep shining and don't you ever stop.
I love you so much - NO HOMO.

You Might Also Like

0 comments